Play Safe, Stay Safe - Playing Golf following the lockdown
Updated 29th May 2020
When it is safe for golf to return, England Golf and Dorking Golf Club (DGC) are working together to provide the framework to allow golfers to tee it up at the appropriate time and with the necessary infrastructure already in place.
England Golf - When golf does return, this great game of ours must be ready to do so in an organised and responsible manner. The enthusiasm for golf’s return after an enforced hiatus is to be embraced., However, it is important that everyone who loves the game is guided by the simple message – Play Safe, Stay Safe.
Enjoy your Golf, Observe our Advice & Guidelines
Social Distancing is important at all times, from the moment you arrive at the club, during your game and on completion. It is very important that these procedures are followed at all times to help to ensure the safety of all players, staff and volunteers at the DGC.
Priority Booking, any tee time not taken up by members will be offered for green fees not more than 7
days in advance.
The Club Committee along with England Golf have developed a list of
Guidelines, these are detailed below.
General Safety Guidelines
England Golf is today 29th May 2020 pleased to confirm that threeball and fourball play can re-commence from Monday 1 June
- Tee Time intervals 10 Minutes.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 Minutes prior to your Tee Time.
- A new Reception Point will be available from the first window of the Marlborough Suite. The rest of the clubhouse will remain closed apart from the corridor, so please change your shoes in the Carpark.
- Players must not congregate together in advance or when playing.
- The Changing Rooms will be closed and only the Disabled Toilet will be in use, please observe the floor markings for foot traffic flow and social distancing.
- A limited Beverage / Hot Drinks service will be available from the Reception for drinks on a takeway basis prior to play. Our volunteer marshals will also be selling cold drinks and beers from the buggy on the course. Feel free to stop after 9 Holes to stock up. All rubbish can be disposed of when your round is complete in the bins located at the front of the Clubhouse.
How to Book
All Players MUST Book in Advance. The Booking System will be updated so that a single person can book a tee time and another player can add their name at that time.
- Full Members may play at anytime, the usual Elders, Ladies & Gents slots are temporarily suspended, all other categories times remain unchanged.
- Members may book for 9 or 18 Holes.
- Score Cards must NOT be swapped.
When collecting one, please sanitise your hands prior to collecting.
- Buggies will be for single use ONLY - Subject to Booking / Staff. Buggies must be returned to the designated 'Wash Bay'.
- On the course, bunkers will be prepared as often as possible, rakes will not be in use and members are encouraged to repair footmarks etc. as best as possible with your foot or a club. Please feel free to improve your lie if required.
- Flag sticks must not be touched; a gadget will be put in each hole which will allow the removal of your ball using your putter head without touching anything by hand.
- On the Putting Green, when you start putting, continue until you have holed out.
- Do not pick up other players balls.
- At all times maintain at least 2m distance between you and others.
- In the event of a medical emergency, call 999 and if possible locate a player at the top of the driveway to offer directions to the emergency services. Players are reminded to carry a charged Mobile Phone at all times when playing Golf.
- Play at the pace of the Course, no "call throughs".
Competitions & Roll Ups
- No competition golf for the moment, or until social distancing rules are relaxed,
- All existing roll up times are cancelled,
After Your Round
- All players are requested to leave the site as soon as your Game is completed,
- A limited beverage service will be introduced from the Marquee as soon as Government rules permit. It will be outside service and social distancing must be observed / standing ONLY. No access to the Club Lounge will be permitted.
- The disabled toilet is in use, with access from the front door.